RecoveryManager Plus Backup Highlights
For any organization, Active Directory information is a crucial collection of data. Of late, backing up of Active Directory information has gained a new meaning. Backup is no longer seen as a process to restore tombstone objects during times of emergency but as a process that additionally helps in managing and controlling AD changes.
Backup of AD information becomes important for the following reasons.
- Accidental deletions can cause loss of productivity hours.
- Any restoration process is not complete without AD information being restored back to its consistent state.
- Many services are dependent on Active Directory. The inconsistent state of an AD system can have direct impact on all such services.
RecoveryManager Plus Backup has the following highlights
- Active Directory Data Integrity – All changes made to Active Directory objects like deletion of an object, attribute level change is updated to the backup. This maintains the backup in a consistent state.
- Incremental Backups – Only incremental backups are created for all changes done to AD objects. This ensures that only the changed attributes between two versions are transferred to the backup.
- Rollback Point - Rollback Points are created whenever a backup operation is run. Select a Rollback Point to undo all changes done to that object post that point in time.
- Version Management – By maintaining version level backup for every AD change, there is flexibility to rollback all changes or changes corresponding to a single version alone.
- Flexible Backup Settings – Backup settings can be configured by specifying the OUs, objects and even specific attributes. The backup scheduler frequency can also be customized.
- Dashboard View – From the dashboard, details like status of backup, time taken and date of backup can be known.
RecoveryManager Plus backup assures all the characteristics of a good backup system by maintaining recent backup copies and ensuring that the backed up data is consistent.